I've been feeling off all week, and I know the exact reason why.
I skipped my weekly reset.
Normally, I go through this process sometime between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon, usually in two parts.
But not doing it until Monday morning this week, I could feel the difference. I woke up Monday morning having no idea what was on deck and have felt behind ever since.
And it reminds me of how Mondays always felt before I established this weekly reset routine.
The feeling I'm sure so many of you feel on Mondays now.
So if you'd like to lessen it, here's a peek at my weekly reset:
- Clean out my screenshots folder, downloads folder, and phone photos.
- Run CleanMyMac to clear any other file clutter
- Process all inboxes in a loosely GTD-esque session
- Update my Notion project manager for the following week
- Journal my weekly wins and womp womps
- Plan and set intentions for the week ahead
Its goal is, in the words of David Allen, to "get clear, get current, get creative."
From my to-do list to screenshots of interesting things I came across, this reset handles all open loops in my brain before I start a new week and a new cycle of creativity.
If your own creativity has felt stuck or backed up, try picking one or things from this list and doing them this weekend.